Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

#Win

I get it. Hashtags are EVERYWHERE right now. They are a way to say what we really mean without really saying it. Like a passive aggressive emoticon. But one of the most disturbing trends I see going on these days is #Parentingfail #momfail, and just #fail in general.

We all want people to relate to us, and we all want to relate to others. As a (fairly) new mom, I'm just as guilty of this as anyone else. I'll post a picture of my daughter crying after I dropped my cell phone on her head. Again. #momfail. I'll get sweet comments like "Been there!" or "You're doing great, mama!," and these are very cool. But if we live in a culture where we are constantly posting our failures, sooner or late it will be all that we think we are. 

Well, maybe not that dramatic. But I do tend to focus on my weaknesses as a mom instead of my strengths. So today I want you to focus on your strengths. Mom or no, what are you winning at?

#momwin - I can read my daughter like a book. Every expression, every hand gesture, every cry - I am spot on in knowing what she needs from me 99% of the time. 

#momwin - Only once - ONCE - in the entire 5 months of her being formula fed thus far have I run out of formula at daycare and they've had to borrow some from another parent. Considering I order mine online, I consider this pretty much staying on top of things.

#momwin - This: 


















Come on, that's great. I even got the comment "This is why I want to have kids." If I can encourage people to have kids, then GREAT! Kids are fun!

#momwin - I taught my daughter to dance. Granted, all she does is scoot around on the floor, but she has a great time doing it. Mama loves an impromptu dance party, so it looks like she got that gene from me.

#momwin - I've discovered the secret to keeping my house clean for now is...drumroll...cleaning as you go. It's not so daunting when you have to do three dishes instead of ten, and one load of laundry instead of four. No, my house will never be spotless. I do still have a kid. But I don't feel like a trainwreck anymore!

#momwin - I've already made V's appointments for her first flu shot and her 9 month check up a month in advance. This is a huge accomplishment for me that I remembered to do it at all, much less not the week before. Win!

#workingmomwin - We are going on over a month of not missing daycare due to illness. #thankyouboogiewipes #disinfectyourselfbeforeyouwreckyourself #mamaneedsthatpaycheck


So that's just a few of mine. Tis the season to celebrate you, and encourage others to do the same. Leave that summertime sadness behind because it's fall ya'll!



Happy Wednesday!

Love, 
Dominique 


No comments:

Post a Comment