Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Let's talk about chicks, man.













Good morning, all! I hope you're having a fabulous Funtober thus far. There are a lot of things I could talk about today, including but not limited to - Obamacare, the government shutdown, the article I read a few days ago about infant genome mapping. Indeed, the world weighs heavy on my mind. But Funtober is neither the time nor the place for such subjects, so instead, I've decided to just give a little update on what life is like these days with my little V.

My little pumpkin (pumpkin, get it?) is turning eight months old in about five days, and is just as fun as ever. She's eating "real" meals three times a day, but still has not quite grasped the concept of actual solid foods. We've discovered that she throws up every time she eats real bananas or puffs, which is almost always hilarious because it usually happens on Chris. We also think she might be allergic to mangoes, just liker her BeBe.

She's not pulling up or crawling, but she face plants regularly lunging for toys, so we think she'll figure out how to use her legs to balance soon. I'm not worried about it because I can sit her down and leave the room for a moment, and the worst thing I come back to is her on her tummy crying and flailing her arms. I'll take it.

We've moved on to, and gotten over, our first case of croup. Like a champ, she never acted like she felt bad. Mostly it was just like our baby was replaced with a seal for about three nights, and she did lose her voice for a day or two. She's doing much better now, and back to her chatty self.

She thinks jazz hands, horsey noises and tummy tickles are the funniest thing in the world, and sometimes she laughs for no reason because she's so tired, and she gets an awesome case of the hiccups almost every time she's finished cracking up. This leads me to believe that she thought I was funny even in the womb, because she would get the hiccups every day.

She loves to say "dada" while playing, and "mama" while crying. I was warned this would happen, and I'll be honest, I love that she wants me and only me when she's upset. Remember when I wrote that post about how kids are awesome, and I listed that as one of the reasons? It proves to be true.

I've tried to introduce her to awesome children's music, but she still prefers the creepy kids singing from her toy Violet dog. Ah, c'est la vie.

She has moved on to Infant II at her daycare, and I was super confused the first day I had to take her there. There's a play pen in the middle of the floor where I am used to seeing rocking chairs and boppy pillows, and a table with these funny little buckets seats in it where she sits to eat her breakfast. Still, her teachers seem great, so we're adjusting. Turns out it's taking me longer than her.

Also, this is happening:



We're going as the Swedish chef, and the cutest little singing chicken I've ever seen for Halloween. I can't wait to greet all of the neighborhood kids and parents on Halloween night with this little chick by my side!

That's about all. I hope everyone is enjoying this fall weather as much as I am. God bless Funtober!

Happy Wednesday, ya'll!

Love,
Dominique




No comments:

Post a Comment