Pages

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes (Part 2)

Good morning! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We just returned late last night from a wonderful five days in Mobile with our families. There was a lot of eating, sleeping, and movie watching, and even I occasionally got to do those things.

A lot of things have happened in the past week. Big, BIG changes. Two things first: No, I am  not pregnant. Get that thought out of your head. Every news is not preggo news. And believe me, you will know when it is. I feel the hormones will seep straight from my fingers into my written word, and you'll know. Secondly, I'm not ready to talk about what happened. "What?!" you say? "Why did you even bring it up, then?"

Excellent question. Worry not, I WILL talk about it, and soon. But here's the deal - I find myself very suddenly a stay-at-home-mom. That's where I am, that's where I might be for a while, and that's what I'm talking about today.

Normally at this time, I would have dropped off ladybug an hour and a half ago at her lovely daycare, and I would be typing away at my desk computer, probably looking at underwriting. Yet today, I am sitting in my pink and polka dot bathrobe, and writing what I like to write, while V sits in her highchair close to me, dropping cheerios on the floor and laughing as Pug does her duty at quickly scarfing them up.

Life is good. And terrifying at the same time. Sure, I've had entire days with V by myself many times, but this new adventure seems different. We have a lot to handle today - unpacking her loot of Christmas presents, dropping by her daycare to gather her things and painfully tell them we won't be needing (or able to afford) their services anymore, and grocery shopping so I actually have something to feed her while she is in my care all day.

Not to mention we have to make sure we take care of the really important stuff - budgeting, bills and Obamacare. That's right - I got the pleasure of signing up for the much anticipated new private insurance on Monday to ensure that V and I had coverage as of Jan 1. Honestly, the most painful part of it was the price tag. If you need health insurance, you might as well check out the site. As much as the country protests it, (myself included), the healthcare reform is happening, and you might need to take advantage.

All of these things aside, I'm actually excited about the days to come. I know, I know - I've always been a  champion for the working mom - and believe me, I haven't given up. But sitting here next to my gorgeous girl, whose hair is more and more starting to resemble this Jim Carey character every morning -


I have to think to how much happier I'll be spending my days with my favorite play mate. So wish me luck, everyone! And any tips on how to keep my adult sanity while I go from conversations about the benefits of cash values in permanent life insurance to endless episodes of Curious George will be much appreciated. 

Happy Thursday, everyone! Have a wonderful day with whomever you are having to spend it with. 

Love,
Dominique 

No comments:

Post a Comment