Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Our New Adventure in "Self Parenting"

Good morning everyone! Happy Monday!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I apologize for my lack of blog last week, but we have been really working through some stuff here at the K house.

As my frustration with my non-toddling toddler grows, I've decided to try a radical new approach. We are now "self-parenting." What is that, you ask? Self-parenting is exactly as it sounds. I am no longer taking responsibility for V.

Here's what a typical day in our house looks like now:

V wakes up...whenever. She generally cries in her crib for about 45 minutes while I continue to snooze, and then tries hard enough to tumble out with the use of her lovey's. Around 10am, I awaken and usually find her with an old bottle of milk watching the reflections on the blank tv. I figure she'll work the remote eventually.

From there, I might go to yoga, or read or a book or watch a  16 and Pregnant marathon. Occasionally I'll check on her (I mean, I do still love her. It's just tough love now.) and she seems alright. A few times I've found her chewing on the fridge magnets, but I moved them higher so that's not a problem anymore.

Around lunch time, I usually head out to meet Chris for Thai or Mexican, and leave V at home with the pug. I might put some food in pug's bowl, and then I bought a "baby bowl" to put right next to hers, which I fill with puffs. You really should see them together eating. It's the cutest thing.

Our afternoons are spent at the park, where V usually crawls around, putting various pieces of mulch in her mouth. Who am I to judge? If she's hungry she should eat. I'm letting her ride shotgun these days because I got incredibly sick of dealing with our car seat straps. I'll probably just take it out this week so we can have the extra space.

By evening time, she's usually filthy, tired and hungry so I run her a bath (if it's not too much trouble for me) and let her splash around until she's ready for bed. I open her drawers for her to pick out and put on her own pjs, turn off the light and say goodnight!

Usually Chris and I are at the bar within 30 minutes. I tell you, this new method is great. I think she'll be really on track within a few months.

Thanks for always as listening, and one last thing...

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY! Seriously, what kind of parent do you think I am?!

Love,
Dominique


No comments:

Post a Comment