Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Naptus Interruptus

The title of this blog is my made up Latin phrase way of wondering if it's ok to break our nap routine to do the occasional outside activity.

Toddlers are anything but convenient. My days are often spent in a seemingly endless routine of wake, feed, play, nap, wake, feed, play, nap. Sound familiar? Yes, because it's the same thing that has been going on since she was born.

However, with her being so much more active now, I treasure nap time as much as any parent. She naps twice a day, and we've gotten really good about going down at the same time, and often now without a fight. So the thought of me losing that time to myself is - in a word- tragic. However, a lot of the outside activities privy only to the unworking are scheduled smack in the middle of her nap times, so a lot of our days are spent at home, or on errands that I can schedule like shopping.

I guess what I'm trying to ponder is, how bad is it to break routine to make a story time or go swimming twice a week? Will I ruin my good thing I've got going? I know this a temporary problem as she will likely drop a nap soon enough, but at the moment is it really salting my stay at home mom game.

Thoughts?

Short and sweet today, friends. What can I say? All is well in mom land.

Happy Wednesday!

Love,
Dominique

No comments:

Post a Comment