Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Tell Tale Signs of a Stay at Home Mom

Guten Morgen!

I just got back from a wonderful trip back home to Mobile to visit with my family. It was nice because it wasn't any kind of occasion, so we got to really spend some good time just being around everybody.

The one question I got the most while I was there was "So how are you liking being home?" I could honestly answer that I was loving it. Sure, sometimes it's not the easiest thing, but we've been having such fun together settling into our new routine. That being said, I've decided to bring this blog to a humorous note and list some funny (albeit very true) things I've noticed about my new life as a SAHM.

1) My laundry now consists mostly of baby clothes, towels, t-shirts, sports bras and yoga pants. Real pants are for people with jobs.

2) I have a TV limit of an hour and a half for my daughter. And I hate it. I hate it so much. And truth be told, we break it often.

3) I try to find an excuse to run some kind of errand each day, because if I don't leave this house, it's gonna be a loooong day.

4) I can sing the songs her various toys make in my sleep.

5) I'm breaking a cardinal rule of parenting and letting her nap on my chest every single day, twice a day. It's the only way she sleeps for a long time, and I can catch up on my Ugly Betty marathon. And let's be honest, I'm not going to use that time constructively.

6) I started off cutting bananas slices into fours and making her cream cheese toast for breakfast everyday, and we've slowly shifted to cheerios and pouch smoothies. It's still a fruit and grain! Don't judge me.

7) There are entire days where neither one of gets dressed. If I do go somewhere, it's either in A) my yoga pants or B) I immediately get comfy again when we get home. Her pants become optional too.

8) We've started a ritual where we watch for daddy's car in the driveway every afternoon. All three of us (including pug) get very excited when we see it.

9) I let her play tug of war with the pug because A)it makes her giggle and it's so cute and B)pug's teeth are like candy corns and generally couldn't hurt anything.

10) I am at home all day and I'm still a week late taking her 11 month pictures, and my house is somehow more messy than it ever was when I was working. Turns out having more time doesn't mean I'm always on top of things.

C'est la vie.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Love,
Dominique



No comments:

Post a Comment