Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The 10 Most Awesome things about having a kid

I'll be honest, I've been complaining about my baby a lot lately. Don't get me wrong, she is the light of my world - but she's also a whole lot of work. That being said, I decided I better start looking for my bright side and make a list of the great things that come along with having a kid. With pictures. Because pictures make it more fun.

1.) Tax deductions. Lemme see them dolla dolla bills, ya'll! And by ya'll, I  mean the IRS, because my little tax deduction is going to be fed right back into her in some way.




2.) They say the darndest things. V isn't speaking yet, but I have four very verbal nieces who have said some real gems in their lifetime. Camryn is particularly hilarious. She once told my sister that she didn't ever want to be poor, because poor people have to drink seawater. What?!
3) One word. Halloween. Finally, an excuse to dress someone else up as exactly what you've always wanted to be. Nothing is off limits with a baby, because everything is adorable. Baby lion? Sure, that's cute, but why not take it up a notch and make a baby R2D2. AWESOME.
4) Chivalry all of a sudden becomes undead. And bonus! It totally applies to women now too. Ever been carrying your baby and your diaper bag and your stroller and balancing it all while trying to open a door? Yeah me too, except now most days men AND women rush to help me because, hey, I've got a cute kid. Even when she's screaming.

5)All of those kid friendly places you want to go but felt weird about? Not anymore! I've been to the McWane center 3 times! Granted, Chris and I went once before we had a child, but now we get to act totally immature and people think we are just trying to entertain her. fools! We act like this anyway!
6)You get to pretend to be embarrassed that your child loves you and ONLY YOU. When they are screaming and crying and yelling "maaaaaamaaaaa," sure, you can roll your eyes a bit and say things like "she's just in that really clingy age," or "she only wants me when she's crying." But you love it. You know you do.

7) Memes. Babies and kids make the BEST memes. Don't believe me? Check out http://reasonsmysoniscrying.tumblr.com/
8)Youtube. This kind of ties in to the Meme thing. Ever watched convos with my two year old? I have. One BILLION TIMES.
9)Immediate excuse to literally get out of anything. Don't feel like getting cornered at drunk Cousin Eddie's Christmas party this year? Uh oh! Somebody's babysitter totally just cancelled. Too bad.
10) You get to raise another human being. All the stuff you had to learn about on  your own growing up can now be passed on to your child. Granted, they will always have to learn things on their own too. But at this point your opinions are still pretty relevant to the times, right?
Anyway, kids are pretty great. Happy Wednesday, ya'll!


Love,
Dom



3 comments: