Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

The holiday Trifecta now a QUAD...fecta?

For those of you who know me, The next few months of our upcoming lives are my absolute favorites of the year. Every August I start to plan what I like to call "The Holiday Trifecta," which is of course, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

But it's so much more than that. We start with Funtober, a month so effortlessly fun, you literally don't have to plan anything to have the most amazing time. Don't fight the Funtober. Let the Funtober come to you. Football, Fall-tivities and Halloween top this list, and I decided to make it more awesome-r in my life by getting married, so now my anniversary gets to fall in Funtober.

Then we move on to Thanksgiving. The least pressured of all holidays (unless you're the chef), Thanksgiving is everything American stands for...literally. Copious amounts of food, family and no gifts required, followed by insane shopping sales and the Iron Bowl (only Alabamians will understand that.)

Christmas is self explanatory. Christmas is so awesome that it doesn't even wait until December to start. We just go right ahead and start decking the halls the day after Thanksgiving, because that's how America rolls.

But there's something we've missed of course. A nagging 30 days where the weather and your wardrobe are indecisive, we lament the end of summer and resent the lingering heat wave. September.

What to do with September? Do we just ignore it and hope it goes away? Do we start wearing those heinous sleeveless turtlenecks (your neck is cold, but your arms are hot? I don't understand!)

Well I, for one, am sick of it. I'm sick of just drifting through September like ghost in the LaLaurie Mansion of the New Oreleans (did I mention I plan on taking a Funtober ghost tour? It's going to be so cool! Ghosts, and history and voodoo.. Sorry. I digress.)

So I have decided to celebrate September for the only attribute it brings to the table. The return of fall TV shows.

I declare September "TV-Tember!" I shout it from the rooftops as I rain NBC, ABC, FOX and CW schedules all over the city. No, I don't really do that. But I am looking forward to the return of several of my favorite relate-able comedies and dramas. New Girl, Mindy Project, Hart of Dixie. Vampire Diaries, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother. My heart palpitates with excitement of the impending endless conversations these new episodes with produce for me at work.

God bless you TV-Tember. You have saved what almost kills my Trifecta spirit every year.

Happy TV-Tember to all!

Love,
Dominique



No comments:

Post a Comment